A Night Out in the City: What students wore to Homecoming

Ashley Wang

The theme was “A Night Out in the City,” so I was imagining what I would wear to a club or going out with friends. My dress is sleeveless and black, with floral sheer designs. I’m not really into long dresses that fall below my knees, so I really like the theme for homecoming this year. I’m really excited to see everybody’s outfits for my first homecoming.

— Minhanh Huynh (9)

Ashley Wang

I’m going to be wearing just jeans and a collared shirt for a semiformal touch. I’m not too into shebangs and all that, I like to keep it simple; that reflects my personality. My outfit fits with the theme because a city that resonates with me is New York City, and when I visited New York and went out with friends at night, I would wear something similar.    

— Zane Commissariat (11)

Ashley Wang

I’m wearing a satin navy blue dress with a cut out in the back that was laced up. I’m also wearing a black cardigan with frills, my brown purse and my brown-reddish docs.  I have a girly, downtown girl style, so I feel like the cardigan and docs is definitely my style. This outfit is something I would wear to a fancy dinner. The cardigan and purse makes it more casual.

— Suzan Whiteside (10)

Ashley Wang

I’m wearing black pants, a basic white shirt and a black jacket-type thing over it. For me, typically my style is wearing a white shirt with a jacket over it. I like it, since it feels nice on me. I feel like my outfit fits the theme because when you look at some people who go out or look online, they don’t really wear suits. They wear regular clothes, like jeans and casual shirts.

— Faiyaz Helal (12)