Campus from a glance: Back to School Edition

TIS+THE+%28BTS%29+SEASON%3A+T-wolves+rejoice+with+greatly+missed+friends+and+excitedly+anticipate+the+new+school+year+on+registration+day.+

Ellie Chan

TIS THE (BTS) SEASON: T-wolves rejoice with greatly missed friends and excitedly anticipate the new school year on registration day.

Karen Wang, News Editor

With every school year comes new routines, expectations and realities, and whether you’re a freshman reminiscing on middle school or a senior still looking for the 1400s building, the pack is back after a much needed summer of relaxation and rewinding. While we’re all at different points in our journeys, let’s take a look at this school year from a glance.

New Schedule
A block schedule is in place with odd and even periods occurring every other day. Late start will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, and 35-minute tutorials will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Next week will start with an odd day, while the following week will begin with an even day, alternating each week.

“With fewer daily transitions from class to class and the potential for greater in-depth classes, we believe that this is the best schedule for our school community,” Assistant Principal Eric Keith said. “For some students, this will be a transition, but we hope that everyone will see the value the block schedule affords.”

Covid Protocols
While masking and social distancing are no longer required, students are encouraged to monitor potential COVID-19 symptoms, according to the California Department of Public Health. COVID testing kits are also available at the front office free of charge.

Summer Recap
Over the summer, T-wolves have been diligently preparing for school-year activities.

In late July, ASB participated in CORE leadership camp at UCSB with students across multiple high schools, bonding as a group and refining skills for their respective positions. Freshmen interested in ASB can look forward to freshmen elections on Aug. 25.
In early August, Speech and Debate held their annual summer camp for a week of case-writing, research and preparation for competition readiness.

“I’m super excited for this year because our numbers are growing very fast, and it finally feels like the beginning of a normal year for us,” junior Anika Akshantala said. “We hope to attend many in-person events, especially the Berkeley Invitational, which was held online last year.”

As for VAPA, marching band concluded band camp last week and is ready for a season of flag choreography and tunes to iconic hits by Elton John.

Be sure to follow @nhstwolves, @twolvesathletics and @nhs.howler on Instagram for future updates on school events. Check out The Howler Online for exclusive content as well.
So, buckle up for another roller coaster of a school year, and tune in tomorrow to the first football game of the season at Portola High School.