Breaking News
The Student News Site of Northwood High School

The Northwood Howler

The Northwood Howler

The Northwood Howler

Cute creations of the craft cart

Keyur Joshi
SHARING SMILES: Sophomore Tony Nakayama displays the crafts that were made with love and care.

Every Thursday under the 1400s building during lunch, a quaint, humble cart shares crafts created by students in the Northwood special education program. The items encompass a wide variety of goods, ranging from fashionable to practical. All throughout November and December, the craft cart will be selling festive items made with love and care from the students.

“The special education students have absolute freedom to do whatever they want with the crafts,” Wolfpack president senior Adeti Krishnan said. “They can make bracelets in any color, keychains, pumpkins or paint rocks. They’re really creatively inclined.”

Here are some of the items that you can receive from the craft cart, which are great ways to support Northwood’s special education community.

Bracelets of all kinds

Show some school spirit by wearing a bracelet sporting Northwood-themed beads (colored in white, silver and navy blue) along with lettered beads spelling out one of the school’s core values (compassion, integrity and respect). The craft cart also presents fashionable Taylor Swift themed bracelets adorned with a humble “Swift” in white beads, along with bracelets themed to Swift’s album, “Midnights.”

Decorative pumpkins

A fun fall-themed craft which looks wonderful on display, the decorative pumpkin is a craft created from wrapping a clean toilet paper roll with red or orange cloth and adding sticks or other artistic items to the middle to make it look like a pumpkin. This craft is a perfect joyful centerpiece for the dinner table or a neat knick-knack to bring autumn spirit to a desk or shelf.

Festive jars

These decked-out glass jars come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and are appropriately adorned with items meant to remind you of the cool California climate, such as flowers and leaves. Most jars also are wrapped with twine or a festive ribbon, tying together the overall fall look. These jars would look great as vases to hold fresh-cut flowers or as containers to hold whatever    you need.