Placate my plate-onic relationships

Arya Bhattacharjee, Staff Writer

Friend groups are an essential part of any student’s high school experience, but keeping healthy relationships can prove to be quite the challenge. Alfred Wegner, doctor of plate-onic relationships, has offered to advise students who have found themselves at the edge of the crust.

DEAR WEGNER: 

One of our group’s friends has recently gotten into a relationship, and they’ve started to drift away from the rest of us. We all want the best for them, but we’re starting to get tired of them ignoring our plans in favor of their “beloved.” What can we do?

PAN GAEA

DEAR PAN GAEA:

This is one of the most classic cases of platonic shift. The eruption of emotions within your friend has caused them to break off and slowly shift away from the rest of you. But worry not! A couple million years should be ample time for your friend group to shift back together. 

DEAR WEGNER: 

While I dearly love my close friends, sometimes I feel like they’re kind of boring. Like, there isn’t much to do when I’m around them, y’know? Do you have any idea what we could do together so that we could get closer to each other?

CRU STEE

DEAR CRU STEE: 

Activities such as sightseeing can really help you bond. Places such as the San-Andreas Fault, the Appalachian Mountains and the Marianas trench are all great places which can reveal why your group might have some cracks. 

DEAR WEGNER: 

There are some people that I would like to get closer to, but it feels like there’s a wall between us. What would make it easier for me to talk to them?

MANN TELL

DEAR MANN TELL: 

I like to call this period the “ice age,” where you may feel the need to be cold to each other, but it should melt away rather quickly. Just don’t go playing icebreaker games with new people; it may very well break apart all your chances.