The Howler presents: The ultimate high school bucket list
To fully live out the authentic Northwood experience, there are some things you need to check off your list—experiences that we all as Northwood students seem to eventually live through.
- Make the trek up to Suicide Hill, and realize there’s more to see here than beige.
- Get lost trying to find the way up to Suicide Hill. End up at that abandoned elementary school and abort.
- Find a way to shove all your papers from every subject into one notebook, and stop bringing a backpack to school. Prepare for lost assignments.
- Stop bringing a pencil to school, and scavenge your way through the rest of the day.
- Pull the casual “almost all-nighter” aka sleep for the first 45 minutes of class.
- Eat your lunch during 5th or 6th period.
- Get a cold that lasts through 1st period but is miraculously healed by 3rd. Greet your 1st period teacher awkwardly later.
- Start a project the night before it’s due and learn the real meaning of will (I die before this is over) power.
- Go to at least one informal dance and shove your way into the middle. Realize you can’t breathe when it’s too late.
- Ask to go to the bathroom for a mental health break.
- Threaten to fight someone over Twitter.
- Spice up your social life by going to multiple boba places in one week.
- Go through a presentation while running on a less than adequate amount of sleep, and learn how many sentences you can make by stringing “um,” “eh” and “uh” together.